Sunday 25 January 2009

Two Weeks Down

Alright, sorry I haven't written in a while (for ages, as the Brits would say) but I have been both busy and sickly, a displeasing combination. This has been a crazy week, full of surprises, which is actually the norm seeing as I am in a foreign place.
After almost dying from coughing fits (not to mention massive amounts of snot) Monday through Thursday, I decided to skip almost every one of the club meetings/sporting events that I had joined. This was for two reasons: 1. because I was dying; 2. because I can. I am still getting used to the fact that sports aren't anything even closely related to those back in the states and I have to admit that I enjoy feeling rather rebellious at missing a practice (something I wouldn't dream of back home). Anyway, the one sport that I did manage to keep up with baseball, an activity that I've found I enjoy massively. I am the only girl on the team but I suspect that I may be one of the more experienced players (and by suspect I mean know without a doubt). One of my friends and fellow teammates Zack describes it as "teaching little league" but somehow its ridiculously pleasing. At this Saturday's practice, four teammates got hit with the ball within a two hour span (one in the chest, one in the shin, and three (yes, the one that got hit in the chest actually got hit again) in the back. I will elaborate no further, sufficing it to say that I love my baseball team. I'm thinking about joining water polo as well as triathlon but we'll see.
On another note, I watched the inauguration on Tuesday. It was really interesting to be watching it in somewhere other than the U.S., although I don't have much to compare it to as I've never watched an inauguration before. Nonetheless, it was a pretty epic experience especially after the Benediction man pulled out some sweet rhymes. It was rather annoying though because there were some people who you could definitely tell weren't American because they talked through entire parts. Aarg.
I also had a passport scare on Saturday. Scary stuff. I didn't know where my passport was, which I needed in order to get my rail card. I had a moment of panic....okay, more like 30 minutes of panic.
We celebrated Australia Day on Monday night. It was awesome. I had yellow face paint on. Enough said....

No comments:

Post a Comment