Sunday 1 February 2009

Random ditties

I get sick really easily in this new land. I feel like the Indians must have felt when the European settlers came over from the Old World sans smallpox, beaver pelts, Thanksgiving....except its the other way around...well, its really nothing like the colonisation of the New World at all. Epic fail (a phrase picked up from the Brits).

I am absolutely mortified that I haven't mentioned this before because its one of the most influential factors in my life here at UEA. My flatmate Sophie and I call it.....wait for it.......wait for it......the shoilet. Pronounced like its spelled, mixing the words shower and toilet together. It is the pod in the corner of my room that is a shower, toilet, and sink all rolled into one in about 1.5 square yards. GENIUS. Sophie and I are the only ones that call it the shoilet to date but the trend is spreading, fear not. These people really know how to utilize their space here*. I can reach out and grab my toothbrush off of the counter whilst taking a shower; I can wash my hands whilst on the toilet (with ease); I can have my feet out of the door whilst on the pot; I could probably even urinate whilst still being under the water if I put my mind to it. Genius, Genius, Genius. Allison will add pictures to Facebook shortly if you don't believe me or would like to be exposed more to this amazing invention. Short of the short, I have concluded that the shoilet is one of the greatest inventions ever. And the best part about it is that all the Brits think the Americans are crazy for loving it. But we aren't. Because its pure genius.

Ta ta for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment