Monday 9 February 2009

a month has gone by already!??!

So this weekend was pretty much the best time ever. no really.
so i go to volleyball practice on thursday night even though i was sick and couldn't very well breathe out of my nose (or in, for that matter). Essentially, every time i went outside into the sloppy raining tundra, the back of my throat and nasal cavity burned unbearably (weird??!.....syphilis?? see last post). so i trek through the wilderness that is concreted UEA to get to Sportspark which is approx. 7 minutes away walking. get there and start practice, i hadn't been in 2 weeks. i knew i was going to be extremely sore the next day because i haven't played volleyball save once in god knows how long. practice went well and at the end El Capitan, Sam, invited me to "Leeds". I didn't know what this was but apparently it was a big deal. So I said I'd go. She said all I needed was my pair of shoes, black spandex shorts, and a sports bra. In short, I got on a bus on Friday afternoon, about 18 hours after I had found out about this, with only my backpack filled with essential goods and no idea where I was going or what was to become of me.

IT WAS AWESOME. Leeds is 4 hrs. northish of Norwich and we sang to music (of the 80s, 90s, and today) the whole ride up. It was fabulous. Only two of the girls on the team that went (out of 9) are British. Nationalities range from Andoran to Italian, Portuguese to Swiss. SO CRAZY. Anyway, it was just great to get to play volleyball again and I had an amazing time. All the girls are so nice. Sadly, we got 9th out of 16 teams but the weekend was still a blast. The whole ride back we sang songs from our childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment